Another busy period for Wodens over the past 16 months where Nick did not update the news on the website.
During last year all our projects were hampered with the unprecedented wet weather that affected most of the east coast of Australia. Our thoughts are with the communities that have been affected by this rain and the flooding that has occurred.
A lot of our projects were impacted by the wet weather, but we worked closely with our clients to limit any delays and undertake any work possible.
We currently have multiple projects currently being undertaken.
- Denman Prospect North – Package 1 (commenced Nov 2021)
- Denman Prospect North – Package 2 (commenced Jun 2022)
- ‘The Fields’ – Murrumbateman (Stage 2 and Stage 3)
- Gundaroo Drive Duplication Package B (commenced Jan 2022)
- Jacka 2 Stage 1C (recently awarded)
We are also currently finalising the below projects which will be completed very soon.
- Denman Prospect Estate 1B Stage 2E (commenced May 2021)
- Yarrah Estate Stage 1 – Yass (commenced Sep 2021)
- Molonglo 132KV Electrical Relocation (commenced Jan 2022)
In addition to the above projects, the projects below were completed since the last news update.
- Jerrabomberra Northern Entry Road
- ‘The Fields’ – Murrumbateman (Stage 1)
During 2022, the MBA awards were hosted with a number of our team attending. Wodens were successful with several awards.
- Sustainable Civil Project – Northbourne Avenue Rehabilitation Stage 2 & 3
- Civil Roadworks – Northbourne Avenue Rehabilitation Stage 2 & 3
- Civil Subdivision – Whitlam Estate Stage 2C
Wodens have been successful with the sustainability award 2 years in a row and the civil roadworks award 3 years in a row. Congratulations to the whole Wodens team for the hard effort and high-quality work on these projects.
Over the past few months our team has been working very hard on the Monaro Highway 1B tender submission. This project is a design and construct project which involves a 200m bridge over the Monaro Highway and Lanyon Drive intersection. Wodens has partnered with Calibre Consulting to undertake the design aspect of the project. Between the entire team, we submitted a high-quality response for the governments review.
As always Wodens have been investing in new technologies and systems. For this year we have adopted Procore for our project management system. This system is the industry standard in project management software and will greatly assist us moving forward. Our estimating team has also adopted Expert Estimation Genesis which is a leading estimation software used by top tier civil construction companies to undertake pricing on new projects. Our Safety team has adopted RecordTime which has moved a lot of the onsite safety forms into a digital management system and has helped streamline the process.
The Wodens team has grown to over 100 staff over the last 16 months. We thank the entire team for the hard work over the last 16 months.
Wodens have also become a member of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council. Sustainability is our priority from project planning, innovation, and collaboration through to increasing awareness to our valued employees, partners, and stakeholders.